Preparing to sell
First thing is first, Ray Mack Real Estate can assist you with the following:
- Is it the best time to sell?
- Key steps to selling your house
- Auction or asking price?
- Valuing a property
- Chosing a Real Estate Agent
We have developed several helpful resources to assist you in the sale of your property. Please contact us to obtain a free booklet "The 8 Top Home Selling Mistakes You Should Avoid".
Presenting your property
A few things you need to consider before you put up the 'for sale' sign.
- Ensure your house is clean and tidy.
- Think about hiring furniture or employing the talents of an interior designer.
- Make sure all doors work well (handles turn and lock smoothly and doors don’t jam).
- Open curtains to allow as much light in as possible.
- Turn lights on.
- Remove clutter.
- Replace all cracked/broken glass.
- Make sure all gates work well (handles turn and lock smoothly and doors don’t jam).
- Clean out gutters.
- Replace broken fences/missing palings.
- Mow the lawns and mulch where necessary.